Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Baby, we laughed all day,
I closed my head around that penny of happiness.
Returned home and dropped it into my empty box.
Collecting pennies as I go,
Minding my own business,
It’s all there is left to do.

The screeching talk numbs my ears,
Her tears fall and I watch unperturbed.
Am I a sinner?
Of what sin do I accuse myself?
I only look down and patiently wait for her to leave,
Mumbling to herself that we will never change.

And so my day begins,
In want of an intoxicant,
To wash away the night’s fear.
And so I search,
Sorting out people one by one,
Hoping to collect more than pennies,
Probably make some money out of it,
Afterall isn’t money all about happiness?

1 comment:

  1. :)

    Slowly, but surely, the pennies with overflow. hopefully accompanying it, will be more writing.

    Don't stop.

    ReplyDelete